Presented By: Melissa Swartz
March 14, 2018, 8:00-8:45am
The cloud is here, and despite the impression given by the providers, moving to the cloud is isn’t always as straightforward as advertised. Implementation can often be tricky. This session offers tips on how to make your move to the cloud smoothly and avoid the most common pitfalls. You’ll get specific, detailed advice on:
- How to prepare for the move
- Technical considerations
- Testing requirements
- How to move at your own pace
In this session, an experienced telecommunications consultant who has taken many businesses through their move to the cloud will share her lessons learned while ensuring successful implementations. You’ll get tips for making the best cloud services selection, and learn how to work with vendors and maintain control throughout the conversion process.
- How do you make sure you don’t unwittingly lose functionality you still need?
- What contract terms and conditions can trip you up?
- What challenges will number porting present, and how do you address these?
- How do you ensure testing is thorough and provides the right data?
- What are the hazards of making a flash-cut? Are there any benefits?
Enterprise Connect is the largest conference/exhibition in the U.S. devoted exclusively to enterprise communications.
Google and AT&T high-speed Internet services may seem like a bargain, but what are they costing consumers in privacy?
Direct Routing is a good option for voice calling, but be sure you understand all the considerations and the tradeoffs.
UCaaS solutions may not be weighed down by millions of lines of legacy code, but they don't have the benefit of years' worth of user-prompted development, either.
Many times, the project plan created by the vendor’s project managers is not complete in scope. It does not address all of the tasks required of all the involved parties.