Presented By: Melissa Swartz
March 14, 2018, 8:00-8:45am
The cloud is here, and despite the impression given by the providers, moving to the cloud is isn’t always as straightforward as advertised. Implementation can often be tricky. This session offers tips on how to make your move to the cloud smoothly and avoid the most common pitfalls. You’ll get specific, detailed advice on:
- How to prepare for the move
- Technical considerations
- Testing requirements
- How to move at your own pace
In this session, an experienced telecommunications consultant who has taken many businesses through their move to the cloud will share her lessons learned while ensuring successful implementations. You’ll get tips for making the best cloud services selection, and learn how to work with vendors and maintain control throughout the conversion process.
- How do you make sure you don’t unwittingly lose functionality you still need?
- What contract terms and conditions can trip you up?
- What challenges will number porting present, and how do you address these?
- How do you ensure testing is thorough and provides the right data?
- What are the hazards of making a flash-cut? Are there any benefits?
Enterprise Connect is the largest conference/exhibition in the U.S. devoted exclusively to enterprise communications.
In Part 1 of this series, I discuss pitfalls involved in compatibility, pricing and facilities as SIP trunks are implemented.
There are many variables to consider when moving to SIP trunks, from features and capabilities to pricing and facility requirements.
Getting people to change the way they work is not always easy; people need to have a reason to change how they’ve always done things.
With Microsoft crowned Best of EC 2019 Overall winner, here's one judge's observations from the evaluation process.