Presented By: Melissa Swartz
March 14, 2018, 8:00-8:45am
The cloud is here, and despite the impression given by the providers, moving to the cloud is isn’t always as straightforward as advertised. Implementation can often be tricky. This session offers tips on how to make your move to the cloud smoothly and avoid the most common pitfalls. You’ll get specific, detailed advice on:
- How to prepare for the move
- Technical considerations
- Testing requirements
- How to move at your own pace
In this session, an experienced telecommunications consultant who has taken many businesses through their move to the cloud will share her lessons learned while ensuring successful implementations. You’ll get tips for making the best cloud services selection, and learn how to work with vendors and maintain control throughout the conversion process.
- How do you make sure you don’t unwittingly lose functionality you still need?
- What contract terms and conditions can trip you up?
- What challenges will number porting present, and how do you address these?
- How do you ensure testing is thorough and provides the right data?
- What are the hazards of making a flash-cut? Are there any benefits?
Enterprise Connect is the largest conference/exhibition in the U.S. devoted exclusively to enterprise communications.
All new communication technology utilizes VOIP (Voice Over IP) technology. If you want to install a new solution, it will use your data network to carry voice traffic.
In Part 1 of this series, I discuss pitfalls involved in compatibility, pricing and facilities as SIP trunks are implemented.
How do you make sure that your RFP gets the responses you need? How you phrase your RFP requirements can make all the difference.
Carving out time to create an end user adoption strategy, and to execute it, will pay big dividends in the end.