Presented By: Melissa Swartz
March 14, 2018, 8:00-8:45am
The cloud is here, and despite the impression given by the providers, moving to the cloud is isn’t always as straightforward as advertised. Implementation can often be tricky. This session offers tips on how to make your move to the cloud smoothly and avoid the most common pitfalls. You’ll get specific, detailed advice on:
- How to prepare for the move
- Technical considerations
- Testing requirements
- How to move at your own pace
In this session, an experienced telecommunications consultant who has taken many businesses through their move to the cloud will share her lessons learned while ensuring successful implementations. You’ll get tips for making the best cloud services selection, and learn how to work with vendors and maintain control throughout the conversion process.
- How do you make sure you don’t unwittingly lose functionality you still need?
- What contract terms and conditions can trip you up?
- What challenges will number porting present, and how do you address these?
- How do you ensure testing is thorough and provides the right data?
- What are the hazards of making a flash-cut? Are there any benefits?
Enterprise Connect is the largest conference/exhibition in the U.S. devoted exclusively to enterprise communications.
UCaaS solutions may not be weighed down by millions of lines of legacy code, but they don't have the benefit of years' worth of user-prompted development, either.
Writing an RFP (Request for Proposal) is like a painting project. The final product is much better if you do the necessary prep work up front.
Make sure that everything you wanted in the contract actually makes it in, and that acceptance and payment terms are reasonable.
Developing an effective Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS) solution can be complex and challenging. If you will soon be moving your network to an as-a-service model, there are three major con...